This week....I found another project! YAY! Hoping to gain some great insight on this one!
Isn't it lovely??? **EDIT: It's RANSBURG POTTERY!!! Thanks everyone for the info!**
It's large...maybe a cookie jar? Not sure but I loved it the moment I saw it! Mexican perhaps?
Look at that color!!
and for a couple bucks, it came home.
Once home, it was determined that the thing was FILTHY!
with a capital F! Definitely in need of cleaning! So I got to work.
and this is when the project begins.
Look what happened.
Honestly I am not strong...I did not put a ton of muscle in to this. I let it soak. And the color disappeared! :o(( Even the purple that was on the flowers faded.
This makes me very sad.
Very very sad.
I'm thinking of finding some of that lovely red/poppy color and trying to repaint the thing. And then I will SEAL it, because I don't think, obviously, that it was sealed. *sigh*
I hope it's not ruined. Because I *REALLLLLY* want it to look like this again...
Since Paula was so nice to comment back on my cherub find and how to do a fantastic faux finish on it(Thank you SO MUCH for that info, Paula!), I'm hopeful one of you smart readers will have some idea on how I can get this back to how it looked before. But not dirty. Just poppy red.
I've got two projects now! Perhaps I'll tackle both this weekend!!